This morning we all woke up EXTRA early to get Travis off to the airport by 6AM. The worst part of it is that we were all suppose to be getting on that plane with him, initially. However, after multiple attempts to find cheap airfare for all of us, we finally had to make the decision to cancel family vacation plans to the Czech Republic this week and just send Travis off by himself to enjoy his all-expense paid business trip.
He arrived this afternoon and promptly emailed me after he arrived and got settled into his hotel. He'll be spending the next 6 days at the international dermatology conference in Prague while we stay at home and keep up our regular schedule of activities. Actually, we're going to throw in a field trip to the local zoo in a couple of days so that's pretty cool... right??? Well, I'm trying to convince myself of it. I mean, if you've been to one zoo, you pretty much know what to expect for the animal exhibits. And after spending hours and hours in the San Diego zoo over several continuous years, I've never seen a better zoo around. But, my kids love going to the Jerez zoo and really, they don't even remember the San Diego zoo, so that's our big plan for the week.
We sent Travis off with the camera and are hoping he'll find time to do some sight seeing and souvenir shopping for us home bodies. As for the money we're saving by not joining him on this exciting business trip, we'll be able to travel to some other European destination where we can all be on vacation and enjoy the sights. I was feeling up to the challenge of basically being on vacation with just the kids and I while he was in his seminar classes because we were also planning to meet up with a friend. Isn't this crazy? Travis' friend from high school is going to be in Prague also because her husband is one of the dermatology presenters. They live in Montana and although we've never met her husband, we've gotten together with her every time we go back to Billings. We exchange yearly Christmas card pictures too. Well, I'm glad that Travis has someone to meet up with and he's really looking forward to all the good training and info he'll get this week. I just hope the week goes by fast and nothing "too exciting" happens to us while he's away! Maybe I'll spend my evenings blogging this week. This seems to be a good distraction for tonight anyways.
1 comment:
Enjoy it! Stay up late! Blog all night! Eat ice cream in bed! Watch late night TV just because you can! Make PB&J and for lunch and dinner! Don't hang up your clothes until the day before he comes home! Have fun! ha/ha j/k
Post a Comment