Sunday, August 31, 2008

Baby Shower

La Oracion de una Madre por su Bebe

Senor, bendice la pequena vida que pronto nacera.
Concede sabiduria para criarlo a fin de que te ame.
Ayudanos Senor, que como padres, seamos un ejemplo de lo que significa amarte y servirte.
Que el corazon y la vida de nuestro hijo, siempre te pertenezca a ti.



The ladies in my church threw a baby shower for me this week. It was lovely and silly just like showers are suppose to be. We played a few silly games, ate potluck style lunch, opened baby presents and ended it with a big piece of cake. There are 6 or 7 seven American, military families that are part of the church but the majority of the members are Spaniards. There are several other families that are from other parts of the world too. I was touched that women who I can barely communicate with were at my shower and supporting me during this precious time in my life. Several of my friends from the base also came to celebrate with us.

It's interesting to be in a bilingual church family because everything said is usually interpreted into the other language or we do lots of gestering with minimal nouns and lots of smiles. So, half of the greeting cards were in Spanish and I needed my friend Gaby to translate them for me! Can't say I've ever been to a shower quite like this. It will definitely be one to remember. (I've got to work on my Spanish more over the next year!) Here's a look at all the gifts I received to get ready for my little guy. Gracias, Amigas!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Translation:

The Prayer of an Expectant Mother

Lord, bless the little life coming into this world.
Grant of your wisdom to raise him to love you.
Help us, as parents, to be an example of what it means to serve you.
May our son's heart and life always belong to you.

(this was included on the shower invitation - nice, huh?)

Amy K said...

I thought you had written in spanish all by yourself! It's a beautiful poem. :) I'm so glad you had a shower, I'm sure you're due for all new baby stuff! Isn't nice that people are so generous and wonderful?

Kindred Family said...

I'm so glad you have a great support system out there! We miss you all! - Katie

Darcee said...

Margaret, I think about you every day and hope you are doing well at the end of your pregnancy. How hard with the diabetes. . . have you had that with your other babies? You look so cute!
darcee