The USS Nimitz is the set of a new t.v. reality series. Have you seen the show, "Carrier"? Well, I recently discovered the show and am very interested in watching it each week. Travis was assigned to the Nimitz for two years, 2000-2002. This was while we lived in Virginia. It was actually in the shipyard for a complete overhaul while he was stationed on it. I think he only went out to sea on the Nimitz two times for initial testing floats. Shortly after he was transferred off, it deployed for it's home port in San Diego, CA. He worked in the medical department as an Independent Corpsman. I think he pretty much hated this tour because the staff and the work conditions were both difficult. However, this is also where he discovered his desire to pursue his education toward FNP and be commissioned as an officer.Anyway, I'm not convinced that this reality show portrays Navy life in a real positive light or not. The two episodes I've watched each focused on a specific theme that wasn't necessarily positive. One was mainly about the sexual frustrations of ship life the other one was about racism issues on board. But overall, it's very interesting to see what the enlisted life is like on a ship. If you're interested, check out the show next week.
2 comments:
Oh! Two great subjects! :) j/k That's really interested, I'll check it out. By the way, sorry for the Idol suprise. I felt bad I ruined it for you. Where you an Archaleta or Cook fan?
wow, I must have just woken up from a little nap, the spelling mistakes are raring!
Post a Comment