Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'd like to have a new blog posting

I'd like to blog again, I realy would. But I've been feeling stuck in a rut! Maybe it's called writers block. Maybe it's called perfectionism getting in the way. Maybe I have too many things to juggle everyday and this just isn't a priority. Maybe I'm overwhelmed with the basic neccesities of my life and don't have time to sit down and rehash it all. I have plenty of thoughts and pictures to share but I can't seem to get them organized THE. RIGHT. WAY. So instead I scan and skim other blogs and other websites and other links. Nothing has really inspired me to just jump back into the blogging thing though. I feel frozen. A couple weeks ago I played around with a new blog facelift. I changed the colors and layout a few times... I updated some of the links on the side... I tried adding new music to my playlist but apparently it's not working... I'm playing around with a new blog name... I've considered changing the website address because I'm not sure familychrysalis.blogspot is THE. RIGHT. ONE. anymore. (...taking a big breath...) It's just not quite right so I prOcrAstInAtE and sit here wishing I could do better...be better...have better... Now I better go do something else like feed my kids breakfast, sew on Ethan's new scout patches and get all of us ready for the big bowl-a-thon today. Since I need to get the sewing machine out, I should finish hemming my new living room drapes that I'm completely loving (but procrastinating on about this final step...for some reason). I also have a little pile of sewing repairs on various clothing articles, a bedspread that needs some TLC stiching repairs and three pairs of new pants that need to be hemmed. That all adds up to a bunch of of sewing projects which sounds like too much to get done in one session so I may or may not start on any of it right now. However, I do need to get the patches sewn on so YES, I WILL START IT ALL, right now (well after breakfast gets going). No more procrastination. I just don't have time for all the energy it takes to keep procrastinating the small stuff. Know what I mean?

There. I have a new blog post. :-) Like it or not, I'm hitting the "publish post" box...........NOW.

3 comments:

Darcee said...

My biggest motivation for blogging is preserving family history and that someday my kids away from home can hop on my blog and read my testimony, read stories about our family, find strength and be reminded of their past. It is motivating that others read it along the way too, but not as much as what I'm preserving for the future. The other day I had a lot of other things on my plate but the thought came to me "but what about your family history?" So cleaning was put aside for a day while I updated. That's not the answer for everyone, but that's where I'm at right now and it feels good.

I hear you on sewing projects. . . so many little ones that they add up to a whole day of work (with interruptions). And since it is not a task that is a strength for me I find it so easy to procrastinate. Frustrating.

You're not alone in feeling unmotivated and overwhelmed. It is such a cycle for me. Good luck.

Janeal said...

I like your blog facelift with your new layout. I like your new colors and the music. I really like your blog name "family chrysalis" and the updated links on the side. And I LOVE your latest post!

Margaret said...

That's so nice. Thanks for the encouragements.