Lord, I do not rush on.
I do not hurry on into the noise.
I silence my whirring mind, my racing thoughts.
I close my eyes.
I sit.
I pause.
I rest.
I stay here a moment in the quiet.
I wait in silence for You only.
I need more silence in my life. My house is always full of noise and activity and lists of things to be done and places to go... I need to somehow carve out daily meditation and prayer.
2 comments:
ME TOO! Thanks so much for sharing! Now I won't feel guilty for just sitting(doing absolutely nothing else) and enjoying my quiet home as Rylee naps!
I have always heard that early morning hours are the best time to receive personal revelation and inspiration. I wish that my mornings could last longer. I usually get up at 5:30 to exercise, but by the time I'm home, the house is often already raring to go. It's hard to carve out those times for peace and quiet.
Post a Comment