Saturday, August 1, 2009

Una dia de loca

A crazy day

It all started when I ended up taking a cold shower from start to finish. Apparently the solar panels are not working all of a sudden. (brrr) Can I just add that while standing in the middle of freezing cold water I found there was no bar of soap and none in the storage drawer AND I had to scrape the already empty conditioner bottle. (grrr)

A couple hours later, Camryn starts screaming because she's discovered a dead bird floating in our pool. Ethan and I had to fish it out and dispose of it (yuck)

In the middle of the hot afternoon, our electricity cuts off. The a/c and fans stop. After checking the breaker box and finding everything as it should be, I found an electrician working in the main power box outside of our house. He explains, in Spanish, that the bill has been paid but he is just "fixing" things. About 5 minutes later, we had power back. (wierd)

The day came to an end so I tucked all the kids in bed and went to bed myself. Two hours later, Ethan wakes me up because he woke up, throwing up! No other sickness symptoms before or after this. I helped him shower, and tucked him into a sleeping bag, then spent the next part of my night scraping puke off of his sheets, cleaning the wall and nearby window, and starting a load of laundry. (gross)

In the middle of going back and forth to the laundry room, I decided it was very hot and stuffy in the house so I opened up the back patio door and a few of the windows. At one point, I walked into the living room to find a black yes, a black, stray cat running OUT of my house upon seeing me. (yikes)

After getting back in bed, I woke up three hours later to a crying baby that usually always sleeps through the night but this night he needed to nurse for half an hour before calming back down to sleep a few more hours. (sigh)

It was at this point, I was convinced that the last 24 hours must have really been "unaligned" in my Aries horoscope. ~not that I "believe" in that kind of thing :-) The next morning, was a fresh start and everything went back to normal, in our crazy family sort of normal way. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

MsMelodee said...

wow! That is quite a day. I am glad for you that it has past. Maybe those days happen to make us appreciate our normal state of craziness. Way to go girl!