Friday, October 12, 2007

loss and change

I regret to share what I've been through the last couple of weeks. Thirty hours before we had to move out of our house (which was already empty), and leave our car for moving, I was at the E.R. and diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage. I had nothing, no home, no vehicle, and I was now losing my baby. We only had a few suitcases of clothes and each other. I had a 23 hour plane ride ahead of me with a foriegn country as my destination. I was blown away with emotion, raging hormones, confusion, and loss. It was like we were we under a rolling boulder that we couldn't stop and didn't know how to get away from. So I boarded the plane and had to deal with my miscarriage all the way to Spain. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and had another ultrasound to confirm that I've finished the miscarriage. She said I'll probably be done within a week and that everything was "good". I cried through the whole appointment. The day we left, I decided that I had no choice but to take a leap of faith and live what the Bible says to do...trust in the Lord. The scripture that I focused on is in Matthew 11. It shares that all who are weary and burrdoned should rest in the Lord for comfort. (I should have memorized it by now, but at this moment with all the distractions, that the best I can do right now.) At this point, I guess I'm just getting through each day as it comes. Spain is very different! I didn't come here with any expectations so everything has been interesting and odd. The 4 bdrm homes on base are all occupied so we've been house hunting out in the cities of Rota and El Puerto de la Santa Maria. El Puerto seems to be where we'll end up. Most houses have no A/C or heat and all have tile or marble floors throughout. They all have 7 foot walls around the properties so it's almost impossible to see what the property looks like until we have a key and a tour guide. Makes for a long week of driving around the neighborhoods while the kids watch movies on our DVD player.
I'm at the hospital cyber cafe and don't have much time to be here so I'll write again when I have a little more time.

No comments: