Travis is in Panama this week. We haven't heard from him since he left a message saying he arrived in Panama City and was loading up in the van. He had a five hour road trip ahead of him before arriving San Feliz. Finally, this email showed up today.
I am soooo bummed that I can´t call you or contact you as much as I would like. We are definately in a third world country here. I borrowed a guy´s laptop here (the son of the woman who cooks for us) so I could e-mail you. It´s hard to type. The keyboard layout is different and I keep hitting the wrong keys.
Most of the people here haven´t gotten an opportunity to speak to their families because there just isn´t internet or telephone service unless you want to activate your cell service from the U.S. and pay major $$$. One guy here had to pay $300.00 last time. Ehhhhh!
We´re having a great time and getting a lot of work done. I´m taking a lot of pictures so you can see what we are doing. We did go to the ocean and swim for a few minutes at the end of the day yesterday and swam in a river the day prior to that. It´s hot here and we just sweat all day long.
I´d like to tell you more, but there are a several others here who want to send a quick note to their families.
I love you all so much and miss you tons!
I love you all so much and miss you tons!
No comments:
Post a Comment