My daughter is turning into a ballerina. It seems to be a favorite activity of hers that she is really enjoying and showing strong talent in. She started ballet in Virginia when she was 5 and 6 years old. Then she took a break from dancing so she could try out other physical sports like soccer, basketball, baseball, kempo, swimming, gymnastics and such. She did ballet for one short season in California but it was for only four months. She kept wanting to do more but she was having fun learning new sports and I didn't want to limit her on options or experience. So in Spain, we planned to have her dance again however, the on-base lessons weren't available for her age and she didn't want to pursue it in the Spanish culture. I enrolled her in the closest ballet school right after her 13th birthday, this year. She danced for five months while learning a choreographed ballet for the June dance recital. This is what she looked like in the moments before dancing "Serenade of Strings." Of course I was so proud of her but better than that, she's proud of what she's learning and performing. She was also presented with a promotion to begin point ballet. So, that's what is in her near future. She just finished a two week dance camp and in another month her point ballet will begin. :-)



1 comment:
Wow! she looks beautiful! That is so exciting...I don't have any girls who love ballet or dance:( I thought all by girls would be dancers, but a pianist/singer and a soccer player works!
Post a Comment