Wednesday, March 4, 2009

new plans

So, todays update is that Isaac has new doctor appointments set for the 9th, 10th and 11th in Portsmouth, Virginia. Travis and I have had to make some difficult decisions the last couple of days and we've decided that I will take Isaac to VA myself and he will stay here with the kids. Of all the weeks for me to leave my kids this will be a great one. Camryn will be at the school for the yearly standardized testing every day next week and Sloan can easily join her class for the entire week too. Ethan will continue his regular school schedule. That leaves Travis with approved flex hours at work so he can get the kids off to school each morning and be back home for the afternoon bus stop. Sounds easy, right? Isaac and I will do our best to get from point A to point B without "too many" problems. I'm just waiting for the military to get my plane tickets set up but am expecting to leave this Saturday and spend the week in English speaking USA . It will definately be out of my comfort zone to do it by myself! I'll have to dig down to pull out "the confident and independant woman" that's been hiding since we moved overseas. Eeek! I hope I don't get lost in the Madrid airport trying to find my connections! I'll have plenty to do to keep me busy and I'm actually kind of looking forward to daily hotel room service and some quiet time to myself (with the baby of course).

Italy was great! Awesome actually! I'll post pics and thoughts on my blog sometime after my life settles down a bit. Between our recent move, an impromptu family vaction and this pending trip and diaganosis, there is too much going on right now to reminise in blogsphere. More to come in the near future though.

2 comments:

Darcee said...

Pulling out the 'independent woman' always seems scary and hard, but it comes when it needs to! You'll be great and then you'll have a great feeling of accomplishment. Good luck with all and getting the help Isaac needs.

MsMelodee said...

My thoughts are with you. I am always amazed with all you have done and can do. Rog says I am just a small town gal, I get nervous anytime we travel and I still hate the freeway and don't take it if I don't have to. You'll do great. Have a safe trip, our prayers are with you!