Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My delightful new Dyson!

Okay, my friend Rachel was right! How could I ever go back to my old ways, after using her Dyson vacuum cleaner?! So, now I'm a new, proud owner myself! Mine is grey and bright yellow. It looks like Ethan's favorite transformer, "BumbleBee" (from the recent "Transformers" movie). So, that's what we've nicknamed it. I realize it's a bit wierd to name a vacuum but hey, it makes it fun for the kids to use "the transformer." We don't have any carpet but we've purchased a few area rugs so we can vacuum those and the this thing vacuums up the dust balls on marble floors much better than a broom can do it. So, I'm very happy with my VERY expensive "toy."
Our household goods were FINALLY delivered last week. So now "the gang's all here." We're trying to find places for everything but it seems to be a long process. How exactly will we hang all of our pictures and artwork with concrete and tile walls throughout the house?
Our electricty is still tripping the breaker several times a day. I'm so tired of staggering our electrical usage. For instance, I can't use the washer and dryer at the same time. So it's one load at a time. And I certainly can't dry clothes and run the dishwasher at the same time. In the evening when our radiators are "heating" our house, the electricity trips off if we also bathe the children because of the electric water heaters all working at the same time. Anyway, it's frustrating. Today I recieved a call from the landlord that the electrician has tried to stop by three times when we weren't home. However, they won't set an appointment. I'm just expected to be home from the time the service request is put in until they decide to show up. It's a Spanish attitude that we are trying to used to. Very relaxed.
OH, gotta run... my kids are getting stir crazy and I'm still dependant on this cyber cafe for internet use! Internet hookup at home is another problem we are trying to figure out. ugh!

No comments: