Saturday, October 18, 2008
The Birth Party
We have a tradition that started with my first born and it has proven to be the perfect beginning and celebration as we've welcomed each baby into our home. We simply celebrate the baby's birth - day party with decorations, presents, cake and icecream. Grandma and Grandpa arrived less than 24 hours after Isaac and I were released from the hopsital so within just a few hours of them being here with us, we started the party.
Because Travis and Sloan had both celebrated thier birthdays the same week that Isaac was born, I spent one afternoon baking about 50 cupcakes to cover us for all three parties. Travis had the chocolate ones, Sloan had the lemon ones and there were both flavors left for Isaac's party to have some of each kind. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him but there were no candles to blow out since that part of the party he'll have to earn at his one year old party.
Isaac is #20 grandchild for my parents (and the 3rd one born in 2008) and my Mom has played a vital part in welcoming and helping in each of them. I don't think there is anything that would stop her from being involved with the beginning of each life. Not the Atlantic Ocean and not even a foriegn country! I'm still amazed that she came all this way to hand deliver her traditional, handquilted, one of a kind, baby blanket, to take over my laundry, house cleaning, meal planning, cooking and serving, and to entertain, play and teach my older children, etc., etc. She can definately run circles around me and my attempts to run a sucessful family. What a blessing for all of us! And I was doublely blessed with my Dad being here with us the whole time too. He did lots of house cleaning, yard work, errands and playing too. With all this work, they only wanted payment in the form of lots of snuggles and kisses with our new baby! Isaac was very well loved and held while they were here. They helped us so much during this transition and for that I am sooo grateful. It really means a lot to me to feel and see their love for me, my husband, my children and my tiny newborn baby. Thanks again Mom and Dad! We miss having you here with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How incredibly awesome! I am so glad your parents were able to come. What a beautiful Quilt! What a handsome little boy, and cute family! We are so excited for you! Thanks for the updates, it is so awesometo see what you guys are up too. I hope he is a good little sleeper for you!
Issac is darling. I'm jealous that Mom and Dad were able to come visit. I can't wait to see the new little cousin in person too! You look great - I'm sure you're handling baby #4 like a champ. Miss you!
Katie
We love your tradition too, and have adopted into our family. It's so fun!
Post a Comment