Friday, January 18, 2008
A quick update
Homeschooling is taking some different turns for us right now. I miss SOCCO!! I'll have to write more about it on my blog "when I have more time." There isn't a big homeschool community on base but we get together once a month. My kids are the youngest in the group! There are a few other kids the same ages but Sloan is the youngest! Can you imagine having more highschool ages and no preschool kids in a HS group? So, I hesitate to say this but, SOCIALIZATION, seems to be an issue that we are creatively pursuing. My kids don't have much interaction with other kids and they are feeling a bit lonely. The Spanish neighborhood, where we live doesn't seem to have any kids! In fact we don't even see anyone around because every house has 6-9 foot high walls on all four sides of each property. It's different! Okay, my time is up and I have to go soon so, I'll stop here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment